End-User License Agreement
Throughout history, several anti–cheat solutions have gained a reputation of being invasive to the end-user privacy, and have thereby given the entire sector a bad name. We don't see countering cheating as a fight based on witch hunts and assumptions, but rather as one based on merit and coding excellence. We do not get involved with screenshots, keylogging, or scanning your hard disk. We are not interested in anything that is personal to you as an individual, and merely wish to deliver a clean and fun game experience to all players alike.
The end-user license agreement for EasyAntiCheat Oy (“Kamu”) services is typically embedded in the game's EULA. The following two paragraphs provide the terms which, in order for the services to be delivered, Kamu has required Freejam to specify to you. Freejam may have chosen for alternative language, but generally the terms will always be highly similar.
Publisher is using the Kamu Game Security service (“Easy Anti-Cheat”), which is operated by a third-party service provider offering services to Publisher. Easy Anti-Cheat has a client software (“Client”) that is integrated into the Software Product. When you start a new Game session the Client will automatically load and install its latest version to the Unit. When you are using the Software Product on your Unit Easy Anti-Cheat is monitoring the Unit, analyzing the Game binaries and scanning the memory of the Unit for the purpose of detecting and preventing cheating in the Game (“Purpose”). For the Purpose Easy Anti-Cheat is storing information regarding cheating methods used in the Game (“Data”). The Data will contain your personal data as described in of the privacy statement of Easy Anti-Cheat. By installing, copying, or otherwise using this Software Product, you give your consent that Easy Anti-Cheat may gather, store, share and publish Data for the sole purpose of the Purpose. You also acknowledge and agree that the processing activities of Easy Anti-Cheat include automated decision-making which may have significant effects to you as you may be banned from the game if you have been found to be cheating in it. The Data will be used solely for the Purpose including but not limited to identifying and banning player accounts which are used for cheating in computer games, analyzing cheating behavior and cheating codes, as well as sharing data about cheats with affiliates of Easy Anti-Cheat. You are entitled to use the Game (i.e. Software Product) only in accordance with these terms and conditions and privacy statement of Easy Anti-Cheat.
You will find more information about the privacy practices of Easy Anti-Cheat on the privacy statement of Easy Anti-Cheat, which you can find from https://www.easy.ac/r/privacy/statement/250/. If you deny Easy Anti-Cheat to process your personal data in accordance with the said privacy statement or request Easy Anti-Cheat to remove or delete your personal data, the Publisher, Easy Anti-Cheat or a third party (appointed by the Publisher or Easy Anti-Cheat) has a right to block your access to the Game and prevent your use of the Game.
- The legal entity making the license agreement with the end-user, in this case Freejam.
- Software Product:
- All video game related software for CardLife. May include associated media, printed media, and on-line or electronic documentation.
- Alternative term for Software Product
- Computer or any other game play device on which the Game is used.
Clarification on Extracts
This section expands on extracts from the EULA and documents the exact intent behind the language. For a more general overview on data protection policies, read the full privacy statement on https://www.easy.ac/r/privacy/statement/250/
We try to be as transparent and clear as possible in the terms and policies affecting you as a player. Should any questions remain after going through the materials, please do not hesitate to contact us on www.easy.ac/contact/
Loading and installing
When you start a new Game session the Client will automatically load and install its latest version to the Unit.
During Easy Anti-Cheat's loading sequence the latest anti–cheat module is being streamed and loaded to the Unit. To find instructions on how to install and uninstall the Easy Anti-Cheat service, please visit the FAQ on Easy Anti-Cheat’s official website.
Monitoring of the Unit
When you are using the Software Product on your Unit Easy Anti-Cheat is monitoring the Unit, analyzing the Game binaries and scanning the memory of the Unit for the purpose of detecting and preventing cheating in the Game (“Purpose”).
Easy Anti-Cheat only runs when the game is running, and is only concerned with the memory space of the game process. To verify the runtime duration, monitor the Easy Anti-Cheat service status in the Services panel in Windows Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL). If the Easy Anti-Cheat service is manually stopped prior to the game exiting, it may be so that parts of Easy Anti-Cheat remain active in memory until the Unit is restarted.
Monitoring of the Unit
For the Purpose Easy Anti-Cheat is storing information regarding cheating methods used in the Game (“Data”).
We only handle data relevant to the identification of cheats, as found in the Unit's runtime memory or as collected by the game server. Other than that, we do not store any data on individual users and have no intent to ever do so. There are three steps in how session specific data is stored and processed.
- Analysis: Data is sent from the Unit and processed in real-time on the Easy Anti-Cheat back–end. If nothing abnormal is found, the data is discarded automatically within 5 days upon receival.
- Red flag analysis: If unknown or suspicious patterns are found, the Data is stored for further manual analysis. If the pattern doesn't proof to repeat itself and/or not to be a cheat, the Data is discarded usually within one month and at most three months. This means that a delayed ban can be placed up to three months after the offense.
- Known cheat pattern: The Data remains to be stored as evidence for the duration of the agreement with Freejam for CardLife. This allows any decision to reliably be re-evaluated upon request.
Third–party data sharing
The Data will be used solely for the Purpose including but not limited to identifying and banning players who are cheating in computer games, analyzing cheating behavior and cheating codes as well as sharing data about cheats with affiliates of Easy Anti-Cheat.
We see two ways in which we may end up sharing Data with third parties.
- Freejam can use our online service portal or query our web API with Player account identifiers to get the ban status. We provide ban reason, ban time, and the IP of the game server on which the relevant detection occurred.
- We may hire services that could be considered as 3rd party, e.g. freelance programmers. The purpose is to develop competent anti–cheat software. The 3rd party is required to follow the same privacy policies as Easy Anti-Cheat.